Sunday 26 June 2016

Adapting and adjusting...

Well Milo and me have been in Portugal for a week now and we are still finding our feet. I think spending so long in the Beast, just the two of us, has given to a lot of adjusting. Milo is so nosey and with so much going on he won't sit still. He sees everyone as a potential food giver so follows their every move. Also, having had practical silence for so long, every sound makes him jumpy. I'm also adjusting to being in the company of many different people on a daily basis having gone whole days previously just in the company of Milo. I think we are both doing quite well so far.

Yesterday we all went off for a walk on the beach at Saom Martinho. Max and Milo had a great  time splashing about. When we got back to the car Ali discovered she had lost her glasses. So we trudged all the way back to where they might have been dropped. And that's when Ali realised she was actually wearing the glasses we were all looking for. As compensation she treated us to the most amazing ice cream. I chose an extremely large waffle with chocolate ice cream and must admit I couldn't finish it.

Today, after a friend built a fantastic new barbecue, we decided to go to the shops and buy some meat. This was also to be my first driving lesson in Portugal. I have never driven a left hand drive car, but as Ali said after driving the Beast it can't be that difficult. To be fair I didn't end up in a ditch and neither did the oncoming traffic. Although I think I did drive like a little old lady most of the way. And Milo was a bit confused as he always sits behind me when I'm driving.

We are also learning to always walk behind the fishing rods on the beach after my previous entanglement. Oh and I've learnt to look out for the ropes mooring the boats rather than practically falling flat on my face...

Milo and Max...


Delicious...


The barbecue

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw thank you, every day is a blessing in my world :)

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful despite the little culture shocks and dont worry about the driving I still drive like Miss daisy out here and thats after 15 years. Hope you settle and enjoy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Maggie, it's the junctions that throw me! xx

      Delete