Thursday 2 June 2016

Milo and me head to Portugal...

Odd blog tonight. Not quite sure what goes on in 'my' world sometimes. It's very much like that saying 'life is like a box of chocolates'.
I've been thrown a curve ball and after mulling it over for a bit I've come to a decision... Milo and Me are going to Portugal, hopefully, fingers crossed, all being well. Not sure yet if we will travel over in the Beast or fly. Still working out the logistics.

The opportunity comprises of me helping to care for Granny, some general housework and being a gentlemans chauffeur. Granny is someone I know already and is someone I am extremely fond of. Housework is actually one of my guilty pleasures. The gentleman is a friend of a friend, who 'temporarily' needs a chauffeur, which to me sounds quite sexy! Me driving a dark sleek sports car, peaked cap and leather gloves etc haha. Knowing my luck will be more like battered white van and tatty overalls. Still all makes for an interesting blog. And, on days off, writing 'the' book!

So having scoured England, Scotland and Ireland in search of someone who can love me, as crazy as I am, why not try Portugal? I do believe life is a journey whether we stay in one place or move around. I feel extremely blessed that my journey has allowed me so much freedom and variety.

On a sad note I will miss Ireland, the people I have met will be treasured memories for Milo and me. The beaches will always be sand between my toes (and in every nook and cranny of the van!). Tonight we have gone inland towards Cong and are now chilling in the sunshine listening to the breeze in the trees...

Is that Portugal I see?...


The house I want to buy...


Found some dog minders in Cong...

Overhead barriers, URGH!...


12 comments:

  1. Great news you are going on another adventure and I wish you well I was just looking at property in portugal asIm selling up definately so maybe we will meet up on our travels someday do stay in touch and all good wishes for the next journey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha who knows which country we will eventually meet up in Maggie! X

      Delete
  2. Hope you get the peaked cap and white gloves :) But if you don't, either way have a great time in the sunshine. Look forward to your blog. And yes, I would be sad to leave Ireland behind, been a visitor once and it is a great country full of wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent three months in Portugal last year. It's poor and the people are nice. Where in Portugal are you heading to? I stayed near a beautiful little seaside village called Porto Covo. 20 miles south of the big town of Sines. Great beaches but not much else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm heading North of Lisbon Des, can't wait X

      Delete
  4. Fabulous! Just go for it Nicci; what did I say. Stay somewhere long enough for someone to fall 😘💞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So maybe I'll marry a Portugese gentleman, who knows?! So excited for another chapter in this crazy journey of mine Judith ❤️

      Delete
  5. The best of luck to you. You seem to be a wonderful lady

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous and exciting! So pleased you are taking Milo too, can`t wait to hear all about it :) love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete