Monday 20 June 2016

Day three in the big beach house...

This weekend has been really rather different to my previous lifestyle in the Beast. For one I've gone from one room, to more than I can actually count. So, as for just reaching to the left or the right to find my phone I'm now running up various flights of stairs and in and out of rooms. Milo keeps losing me, so tends to not let me out of his sight. Today has been a good day as Milo has only barked at Max once, so far. Ali and I took them to the beach together this morning  to show them that 'this is how we hang out now'!

Yesterday I took Milo down to the lagoon. This was to be a gentle stroll along the shore for us both. That is until Milo got the scent of food! The shore was full of fishermen and numerous rods planted in the sand. One poor fisherman had left a bag, full of his catch of the day, next to his rod. That is until Milo grabbed the bag and got stuck in. Made worse by me diving in to save the fish and just getting completely tangled in two fishing rod lines! Further down the shore I felt the angry stares of the men as I just kept shouting "sorry". We ran off and then unfortunately came across a family sitting down having a wonderful Sunday picnic... I really must learn the word 'sorry' in Portugese. We did find a lovely little  beach bar and I had a really nice coffee for just one euro. Think it might become my local coffee stop.

Ali cheered me up with a drink she had found on Google, which apparently helps stressful situations. Mainly consisting of Gin with strawberrys and peppercorns. It certainly de stressed me and the jacuzzi bath later was luxurious, although I learnt the hard way that you don't need so much bubble bath, I lost myself in that bath...

Milo loves his beach...

I love coffee...


I also now love Gin... 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love gin & that cocktail looks lush & that's what a I call a decent size glass. 1 euro for a coffee - bargain!

    ReplyDelete