Saturday 4 June 2016

Hanging out with homies...

Last night I met up with friends from my home the Wirral. They moved to live in Westport over three years ago and love it. I can see why. I headed over from Cong and had a little wander on the Quay, having parked up the beast on the waters edge. It's a lovely place there and Milo got even more swimming done. I met up with my friends at their local haunt the Helm where I got to try the delicious 'crab lollipops' from the menu. I would go back just for them, they were so tasty. I didn't stay too late as I received an urgent message requesting I send details of Milos weight and measurements. It's not easy trying to tape measure a sleepy Labrador in a van.  Still no definate travel plans on how to get to Portugal as yet, just exploring all options.

I'm now in the process of driving towards Dublin to catch a ferry back to the UK on Tuesday. Not quite sure where I am just now, I saw a lovely spot by a canal and stopped to ask the farmer if I could park up. I think I'm near Begnagh. I've got into the habit of picking up other people's litter when I wildcamp. One because I hate to see litter on the ground especially if I'm camping there. And two I don't want people to think I left it there. So I do get some funny looks, me wandering round with pink marigolds on and a big black bin bag.

I think Willie Daly, the matchmaker, has been distributing my phone number again. I've had some quite funny calls recently. Most starting the conversation with "is that Mary?" Or "so 65/72/74 is too old for you?" And "will you write to me?" Bless. I'm going to miss those conversations.

Now I've just finished another book and I'm lying on one couch fanning Milo with a newspaper on the opposite couch, poor little fella, wish we had air conditioning. Doesn't seem so long ago I was covering him with a blanket...

The Quay at Westport...


My homies from the Wirral...

Lollipop crabs...


Books I've read so far... 

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha Nicci! I have only just seen this blog entry! i'm a bit behind! xx

    ReplyDelete