Tuesday 31 January 2017

Is the book deal down the toilet...

I'm feeling pretty disheartened just now. More so because I've been rather gullible. I tend to believe what people tell me, tend to seek the positive and take on board others knowledge.
Early last year I was approached by a company who were extremely interested in publishing my blog adventures as a book. They were so enthusiastic mentioning sequel books, films and the like. They were even going to fly their people over to Portugal to do this. This communication went on for months, with a forever dangling carrot. They were always lovely when they told me things would probably happen next month. Well next month never came. And I've woken up and smelt the coffee! They weren't the only ones promising me deals. There probably was a 'book deal' at some point but the publishing world is really rather ruthless, confusing and full of many people like 'me'.

But not to be deterred I am still writing. Like millions of people out there I have a book in me. And even if I have to write it on loo paper and sell it to my mum I will do it! Imagine if J K Rowland had given up so easy. I actually feel my adventure has two stories in it. The happy go lucky MiloandMe adventure and then the dark, depressing and often scary side of it.

Anyway on a positive note, through the wonders of social media, and I think I can thank social media for most of my adventure, I've been invited on a once in a lifetime road trip in June. It's the rust 2rome trip http://www.rust2rome.com/route.html . Basically three men and a lady (I'm the lady btw) in a £500 car on a ten day journey through the Swiss Alps. What could go wrong? The fact that I thought we were going to the Sahara and then the French Alps is a bit worrying! But I do believe I'll make a wonderful co pilot, if I can find my way out of France...

Written by me...


An exciting adventure...


One of the roads on route...


I'll never give up on my dreams...

4 comments:

  1. Hi Niki, I have a cousin who has published her own book and has a publisher and experience of a few pit falls. If you would like I can ask her for the details (email) and you might like to contact her and see where you can go with your book. Richard x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Richard that would be wonderful, I need all the help I can get! X

      Delete