Wednesday 18 January 2017

Learning to speak flirty French...

I've signed up with a learning French website and must say I found the most difficult part was creating my password! I'm struggling with tenses 'she ate the apple' 'she is eating the apple' but as long as she gets to actually eat the apple I'm happy. Le Garçon, whom I'm staying with, is helping me with my pronunciation.  Poor Le Garçon, I tried to give him a lift to the school bus stop on Monday but I couldn't get the car into reverse so ended up taking him in the Beast, not cool jumping out of the Beast in front of school friends. Tuesday, we spent so long trying to de-ice the car (of which I can now reverse) that the bus had left already so I had to take him to his school. Took Milo too, so he got a little nose around.

Milo and his new doggy friend, Bear, are getting on a bit better. He only seems to bark at Bear every 20 minutes as opposed to every 5. They even fell asleep 'near' each other in the sunshine yesterday, after I pursuaded Milo sitting on my knee is not an option. All I need to do now is teach Bear how to retrieve the ball and not eat the ball!

The last few days here have been freezing, like minus a million! Not helped by Milo and Bear wanting to play in the garden every ten minutes. Thankfully we have central heating and even an electric blanket. Tomorrow I'm planning to venture to Mortagne au Perche and have a mooch around the town. Must remember to download google translate onto my phone, you never know I may get chatted up in a cafe by an amorous French man...

Frosty morning in France...


Clingy Milo...


A more relaxed Milo and Bear...

What's left of tennis ball...

6 comments:

  1. Might have missed it, where in France are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stopping in Saint Jouin de Blavou just now John :)

      Delete
  2. Brill all workong out
    Ann and Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the photos, from Le Garçon

    ReplyDelete