Monday 16 January 2017

Settled in France...

I've so far practiced my limited French with a campsite owner, a man at the toll machine, a waitress and a man offering to help me when I was lost. With lots of hand movements and pointing I'm managing to get by. I travelled quite a distance on Saturday and arrived at my current destination Saint Jouin De Blavou, only after realising my satnav does not understand St and only Saint. I'm staying with a wonderful family in their gorgeous rural home, and this will be my base for the time being. The surrounding area of Normandy is for Milo and me to explore over the coming weeks.

I've already been to the local bar and met some of the locals who made me feel extremely welcome. They also hold a jazz night every Friday, I love Jazz thanks to my Dad. I went to the bar on Sunday and they were selling fresh French baguettes from a basket at the door, so quaint.

Today I've pottered around the house finding my feet and feeding my compulsion to clean! Milo is coming to terms to living with his new doggy friend. He is behaving like my protector and barking a lot, or he is jealous, not sure. They seem to get on better in the garden so I'm praying this rain holds off.

The Beast is having a well earned rest after his traumatic experience. When he was being 'operated' on I was sat in the driver seat and saw and heard everything. It was like being awake during open heart surgery! I'm sure I felt his pain haha...

First morning in France...


A view on route, not sure where!...



Milos new buddy... 

The Beast resting... 

3 comments:

  1. Know anybody here?.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QiUQ4aD2bg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bringing superfast internet to the village, I think!

    ReplyDelete