Thursday 12 January 2017

Pregnant and waiting for the RAC...

I'm sitting in the Beast waiting for the RAC. We left our 'carpark' in Hemel Hempstead this morning. It took five hours from the Wirral to get there, lots of traffic but I enjoyed the drive. As it was getting dark we pulled into a Toby carvery carpark which seemed lit up and safe, just not very pretty. Got myself a very reasonable priced coffee at Subway this morning and then hit the road about 9.30 am.

After crossing the Dartford bridge (which I must remember to pay for online) my battery light on the dashboard lit up. I kept driving as it was flickering on and off. It was like a pregnancy test stick at one point 'is it lit or not' I decided I was definately pregnant so pulled into the next service station and googled my symptoms. It's either alternator, battery or corroded wires :( Google told me it affected my electrics so I decided I had to choose what to turn off. I chose to keep my headlights and wipers as it was piddling down, wrapped up like an Eskimo and turned off the heaters. Not sure if that was correct but made sense to me! I managed to reach my campsite near the Channel Tunnel.

Anyway my campsite is lovely. The Black Horse Farm Caravan Club site in Densole. Surrounded by fields full of bunny rabbits, keeping Milo very entertained. And the facilities are spotless.  Im now waiting for my knight in shining armour. Two hour minimum wait. I did read a story once were a lady fell in love and married her breakdown recovery man...

Update... RAC man been and gone. I have a 'dodgy' alternator and we are not getting married! Although he was a lovely man :)

The Beast and the RAC van...


Milo doing the dog walk...




The campsite on a good day... 

4 comments: