Thursday 26 January 2017

This is what I'm doing...

Today I've reached 3% at being fluent in French. But have yet to practice this fluency! I'm thinking of wandering off for a bit in the Beast, that is if I can defrost it. It's under cover but the water is still frozen it's so cold here. Saying that the sun seems to shine here nearly everyday, apparently the sun shines on the righteous!

I've just returned from the local shops, obviously squeezing in a coffee (seems I drank Richards coffee, who's Richard?!) and am now sitting in the garden with the dogs. Between the two of them I never get a minutes peace, they only seem to settle down in the evening and with me being a morning person my writing is a bit of a slow process. But writing I am. I think I mentioned I'm rewriting my blog from Milos point of view, and I'm so enjoying re reading what I got up to. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe all that has happened in less than two years.

Yesterday I was invited to join a facebook group Scottish Motorhome Wildcampers as I was the evenings discussion topic. There was a link to a media story, you know, the one where I lived in a castle with a Laird! Anyway I wish I'd joined this group when I was actually in Scotland, they're such a lovely crazy bunch of people, I fit right in.

I spoke to my bestie in Portugal today and said I was feeling I wasn't achieving much. She quite rightly told me that I had set my mind to do what I wanted and that was what I was doing, plain as. Some people choose to climb Everest, some a career, some a family. Me, I chose this. And this is what I'm doing. This. See dictionary definition...

Milo looking a bit scared in the sunshine...


Richards coffee...


Scottish Motorhome Wildcampers let me join...


'This' is what I'm doing...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicci, you'll get there with your French, just persevere, if anyone can do it you can. Good luck with your book, can't wait to read it when it's published. Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete