Saturday 21 January 2017

A percentage of me speaks fluent French...

On Thursday I managed to find my way to the local town and back without getting lost. I bought some groceries in Aldi and had a coffee in the town square. I was not chatted up by any amorous French men, in fact I was the only customer in the cafe, other than one person at the table next to me and to be honest I couldn't decide if they were a man or a woman! I had a little wander around and found a lovely little chocolate shop and an oddly named florist!

I've been on my own for a few nights as Le Garçon and L'homme have returned to the UK. Night one was a little scary. I'm reading a murder book in bed and I hear rather loud scratching in the eaves above my head. Then Bear starts barking to be let out and convinces me there is a murderer in the trees. After checking all doors locked I grabbed the fire poker and headed back to bed, where Milo was sleeping like a baby.

Last night I took myself to the local bar as they had live music playing. I thought it may distract my vivid imagination and provide a more peaceful sleep. I think the fact that  it's January and unbelievably cold not many people turned up. The band were good, The Monkey Tonk Blues, and they had a monkey with them. They played some good tunes all of which I knew. They chatted inbetween and as I couldn't understand a word they were saying I must have looked rather disinterested. My online French lessons are continuing and, drum roll, I'm now 1% fluent in French! Maybe I should have worn a badge stating that.

Today I'm planning on doing some writing, which means me being very strict and not tuning into Netflix or staring out across the fields daydreaming of my happy ever after...

Feeling proud...


Mortagne au Perche...




Yummy... 


Do I need Fanny Fleurs... 


The Monkey Tonk Blues... 

1 comment: