Tuesday 10 January 2017

Leaving the UK... Again...

I can't believe I'm off again already. It's the last night for Milo and me at my mums as we head off, slowly, to France tomorrow. I've planned our route (which will no doubt go out the window at some point) and booked some sites through The Caravan Club, one near Dover and one near Calais. I've spent the last couple of nights sleeping in the Beast but Milo the little rascal won't come out of my mums house! He follows me into the van but when he realises we're not driving off anywhere he heads back to the house. Maybe mums central heating has something to do with it. Anyway I love being in the van, I'd forgotten how comfy my bed is and have slept like a log.

Tonight we're having, another, goodbye meal for me at a local restaurant. I think my family are probably fed up constantly waving me off. Or fed up I keep returning! I'm lucky my family are always there for me and Milo, I do appreciate them.

Well fingers crossed all goes well tomorrow and I haven't forgotten anything of importance. I did buy a French phrase book today so hopefully it might come in handy. My biggest fear just now is driving on the right, in a right hand drive, slow, large, Motorhome without power steering. But Heyho its all part of the adventure...

Frosty morning on the Wirral...





Sleeping alone in the Beast...

8 comments:

  1. Good Luck hope weather is good to you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie, have packed my thermals! Xx

      Delete
  2. Ten minutes on the road outside Calais and you will be driving like a Frenchman. Just remember to look left at roundabouts. French motorways are a joy to drive. On the minor roads it's the huge lorries that are a pain and tractors holding you up. Aires that have a filling station and cafe on them are pretty safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most likely be me holding the tractors up driving the Beast Des! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Nicci, If you get to the South of France have a look at a place called Saint – Raphael which is located half-way between Cannes and Saint-Tropez. It is a delightful seaside resort boasting 4 superb beaches. Explore the narrow alleys of the old town and look out for the traditional Provencale flower and vegetable markets. Head inland and you will find the magnificent and unspoilt Esterel Hills, ideal for cycling and hiking.
    http://www.traveltwang.com/Europe/France/St%20Raphael/Guide27
    I spent many summer holidays there as a young man and even had a holiday romance on one of them, returning to Paris the following New Year to meet up with her again. However it was short lived.
    I drove down most times but on the initial journey was via the railway. The road journeys were via the A roads stopping off in hotels along the way. I remember the pea nut sellers on the beach.
    I also remember a couple of friend sleeping on the beach with a couple of girls they had met, only to wake in the morning and find that they had only been left with their underwear and car keys. Then of course there was the drink…………… bottles of it, gallons of beer and wine were drunk. A place Id love to visit again if only to reminisce but also to enjoy the French life style. The film A Good Year springs to mind.
    Enjoy yourself, take care and lets see lots of pics. Please

    Richard x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you had some fun Richard, hopefully I will too :)

      Delete
  4. All the best Nicci, France is so lovely I just know you'll have an amazing time (again). Much love C&J 💞😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Guys! I might be messaging you for tips! :) xx

      Delete