Sunday 28 February 2016

Hello Dad...

Yet again I was woken early by Milo, who seems to think that as soon as he has taken his last mouthful of breakfast we can go skipping out the door for his walk. He has yet to understand I need coffee. Lots of it. Especially in the morning. I have now discovered that if I stand at the sink, with my back to him, drinking my coffee, he stops whining. Anyway I managed one and a half mugs this morning before layering up and heading off.

First thing I saw at the woods was a shoe. Just one random shoe lying on the ground. Something I see quite often and always wonder how someone can walk off wearing just one shoe. Do they not notice?  Do they not feel a little odd walking around with one bare foot? Weird.

 Next I saw a small white feather on the ground. I remember being told a white feather is a loved one contacting you from heaven. So I said "hello Dad". Then I thought the lady walking ahead of me probably saw it first and maybe said hello. And the old man behind me would see it next and no doubt say hello too. So how can one feather be all these different loved ones? Who lays claim on the white feather? Too many questions this morning! And let's not even mention the crocodile...!

I received my brochures from Discover Ireland yesterday. So my map of Ireland has pride of place on my cupboard door. And I have downloaded their app of Great Irish Road Trips. I've yet to receive my membership card from Safe Nights Ireland, hopefully I haven't thrown my money away there.

Well off to work now, need to earn some more pennies for this forthcoming adventure...






4 comments:

  1. Here is one for you and Milo...... The voyage. As your off to Ireland, then here is one of their most popular singers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_surYSjPZQA
    Richard x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Richard the words are so apt! Love it x

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicki, re the white feather, I think that if the feather is meant for you then you will see it and respond accordingly; it may not have been there when the lady in front passed and have already gone for the guy behind. I'm sure it was your lovely Dad saying hi and making sure you're ok. Hope you are. Take care darling 🌞😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Judith thank you, yes I reckon it was Dad :) xx

      Delete