Thursday 4 February 2016

Willie the matchmaker...

I got a call from a lovely lady, Sam, today. So tomorrow morning, very early, I'm doing a radio interview with BBC 5 Live. They want to catch up with me on my travel plans to Ireland. I will have to set my alarm as broadcasting at about 7am, and even Milo doesn't get up that early. Luckily it's radio so I can stay in my pyjamas and nobody will know (except whoever is reading this!).
Funny, I was reading in the papers about people taking their kids to school in their pjs. Every morning I walk Milo I am wearing my pjs, albeit under weatherproof trousers and various jumpers and coat and hat and scarf and gloves and wellies.  I do actually look like the abonimal snowman when I walk through the woods and always dread bumping into someone who may know me.

Today I tried to upload a video onto my blog but can't quite figure it out! Milo was a bit bored so we decided to play find the biscuit. Previously when we lived in a house he would leave the room whilst I hid the biscuit, but as we now only actually have one room we had to improvise. Milo sits on the passenger seat with a blanket on his head promising not to peep while I hide the biscuit. He waits patiently until I remove the blanket and then hunts for the biscuit, always finding it of course.

I'm so looking forward to start travelling again. Just from posting my blog yesterday I've received some lovely messages with places to visit and people to look up. Discover Ireland sent me a link for The Lisdoonvarna matchmaking festival which has resulted in over 30,000 marriages thanks to Willie Daly, the only true matchmaker! So there may be hope for me yet...

Not sure if this link will work for video
Milo, not peeping



4 comments:

  1. Milo not peeping - he is adorable. Glad you are back blogging & am excited to hear you intend to continue on your travels. I'm sure you will love Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Tricia, and I agree he is rather adorable :)

      Delete
  2. Yep, the link works and lovely to see Milo in action.
    R x

    ReplyDelete