Monday 15 February 2016

The little things...

Well Valentine's Day came and went. Working in a restaurant taking glasses of prosseco to tables of two all night was rather depressing. Although I did giggle to myself knowing I'd had beans on toast earlier that day! Mwhaha!

This morning I took Milo to the woods and came home so happy. Because the ground was frozen solid Milo didn't have a spot of mud on him. Even the puddles he normally hippo dives in were frozen. Little things like that make my day complete!

Went to Aldi today and bought myself a mini wok to make life easier when washing up in my mini sink. Sometimes living in the van is like living with the borrowers, everything is so small. My fridge is like a kitchen cupboard, my kitchen cupboard is like a shelf, my shelf is like a windowsill, my windowsill, oh, I don't even have one of them! My cooker doubles up as a dressing table. When I bring the shopping in I say to Milo 'just gonna pop these in the bathroom' and lean in 'just gonna pop these in the bedroom' and lean over 'just gonna pop these in the fridge' and bend down. My feet staying in the same spot all the time! Wouldn't have it any other way though.

Sister Pip persuaded me to buy some miracle caviar anti ageing cream today. I'll give it a week and if I don't get ID'd buying booze it's going in the bin! Maybe I'll do a before and after photo to spot the difference.

On a sad note a truly wonderful friend of mine died this week. I had known him and his husband for nearly thirty years. He was one of life's true gentlemen and will be greatly missed by many. The memory of a good person is a blessing...

Normal size wok

New mini wok


Cooker/dressing table

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your friend. Good friends are so precious.
    Looking forward to your travelling blog, have you any date set yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheila :) hoping early spring X

    ReplyDelete