Sunday 7 February 2016

A brief encounter...

I think I may need to clarify some perceptions of me.  I'm single but I'm not lonely. I'm determined to find my soul mate but am certainly not desperate. I wouldn't want people to think I'm heading off in my motorhome to park up at the first pub, dump Milo, run up to the bar and announce  my arrival to any poor unsuspecting male! I prefer the idea of a brief encounter, like the movie (though come to think of it that didn't have a happy ending!).

 I'm going on a journey. I appreciate how fortunate I am that I can do this. I'm lucky enough to be fit and healthy with no commitments holding me back. I know there are many people out there, who for one reason or another,  have to stand still, hold back, miss out and let go of their dreams. I've reached a stage in my life where I can pretty much do what I want. I really am appreciative of this.

So my journey to Ireland is another adventure where I hope to make many more memories and new friends. I'll get to visit places people talk about and meet people I ordinarily wouldn't meet. And if I happen to find romance on the way all the better :)

This morning I took Milo to West Kirby beach. It was a beautiful sunny morning, not a drop of rain. I sat on a rock watching the people surfing on their kites, it looked quite strenuous. One guy seemed to be struggling to get off the ground. I asked him why he wasn't flying so he sat on the sand by me and answered all my questions. He was a really nice guy but alas about 30 years too young!...









2 comments: