Tuesday 16 February 2016

I am not a door Mat...

Have been doing some more research on our planned adventure to Ireland today. I watched some stunning videos, one in particular on The Wild Atlantic Way, wow! It just looks fabulous. Some of the roads remind me of ones we travelled on The West Coast of Scotland, winding single tracks, but highly entertaining! Our scariest road in Scotland was Bealach na Ba, through the mountains of the Applecross peninsula. I didn't know at the time that this particular road has the greatest ascent of any road climb in the UK... And we did it in the Beast (Milo had his paws covering his eyes the whole way!) (I just held my breath for most of it).

I've also found a handy website called SNI, Safe Nights Ireland. It stores over 300 locations of safe and registered places to park the motorhome throughout Ireland for one night. It could be a farm, a pub restaurant or someone's back garden! Great way to meet people me thinks. I did also partake in the website forum and saw a post saying 'Welcome Mat'. I was a bit disgruntled that my post introducing myself didn't flag up 'Welcome Nicci' until I realised that Mat was not a person...

Took Milo to the woods early this morning, and yet again the ground was frozen. No mud. I love bringing home the same coloured dog I took out. I also managed another photo of us both, balancing the camera on a log with a stick. And yes, Milo did run over and steal the stick and knock the camera over...








2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicola, i'm glad you're writing your blog again, i look forward to reading it, you seem to have a natural talent for writing, some of your one liners are so funny. Keep up the good work. Love to you & Milo from Pat & Jake. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Pat that is such a lovely thing to say :) xx

    ReplyDelete