Thursday 3 March 2016

They do say love is blind...

Walking along the beach this morning I spotted a man in the distance. After my last episode of running into a dashing stranger I am a little more prepared this time. So I slow down my pace and collect my thoughts in preparation of an appropriate opening conversation. I fluff up my hair a little, which I have actually brushed this morning, and am pleased I'm not wearing my woolly hat or glasses. I decided to sit on a rock and wait for him to walk past so I can get a better look at him. Well I waited and waited. He didn't seem to be moving. Maybe he was waiting for his dog. He seemed to just be standing still. I then took my glasses out of my pocket, put them on, and realised 'he' was actually just a plank of wood in the sand... see picture and you might have thought the same. I may need to get my eyes retested, last time I went because when I was driving down the road I slowed down for a green wheelie bin as I thought it was a policeman!

Later this morning whilst cleaning my kitchen I discovered the false draw front under my sink is not false at all. It is in fact another storage cupboard that I never knew I had. Room for a few plates and pots. I can't believe I spent all this time thinking it was just a decorative draw holding the sink, but then again my sink is the size of a thimble so I think I can be forgiven for that.

I received my Safe Nights Ireland member card this morning and The Green Guide for caravan and camping Ireland. So I need to sit down and start sticking some pins in my map soon. I also treated myself to a new fire extinguisher for the van and some posh toilet fluid, oh my, I am living the life!...





4 comments:

  1. You learn something new every day and you should have gone to specsavers. If you get your eyes tested now, you will get it done for free and they will give you £60 towards a new pair of glasses, if your not working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working in a restaurant so not entitled to anything free! Just need to polish my specs more often!

      Delete
  2. Nicci, I don't know you but I do remember you from Thornton Hall. You probably won't remember me as I think I had only just joined when yo left. You probably would recognise my wife Shelagh who has been a member for many years. All that said I was passed your write up in the Daily Mail (I think) which caused a stir back at TH and I think through Jacqui Alcock have have your up dates ever since. Just really enjoy your write ups and Shelagh and I wish you all the very best in your quest. A picture of the beast (outside) would please me, just to see what you are travelling around in. Hope you and Milo are OK, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw hi John, I do remember you and Shelagh. Hope you both are well. There are some pics of the Beast in previous posts but I will try and update with some recents soon. Thank you for your lovely message :)

      Delete