Thursday 10 March 2016

Overly Crazy and Hysterical...

A few days ago I was believing that the white feather I saw on the ground was an angel saying hello, possibly my dad. Since then I have come upon many, many white feathers. I was getting a little paranoid until I realised that since I washed my coat the filling of duck down feathers is constantly popping out of the seams. So, no, I am not being followed by lots of dead people.

I was reading up on the P&O ferry crossing about taking pets on board. I happened to read that Milo will need a passport for travel between the UK and Ireland. I did not know this. And he has to have it at least 21 days before travel. So after sitting in the vets for nearly an hour, for a five minute appointment, I am now just shy of £100 lighter. Milo was very well behaved considering there were at least ten dogs in the waiting room. Although he did jump up on the reception desk and pop his head over the top of the computer screen, think he woke up the receptionist! My mum, quite seriously, asked me how I would fit him into the photo booth for his picture?!

I also need to have the Beast checked over as has been stationary for most of the winter. Although I have turned the engine over periodically and all is well on that front. But better to be safe than sorry. Just not looking forward to a big bill. Ferry crossing prices are not coming in cheap either. At this rate I'll have worked my butt off the whole winter for one week in Ireland. Moan over :)

On a high note I saw my handsome stranger again today. Well I think it was him as last time I did scuttle away in a hurry. This time I stopped and we chatted about the lovely weather and warm temperature. I tried my smiling a lot technique, and laughing out loud (read somewhere this was attractive to the opposite sex) but I'm sure he just thought I was an overly crazy hysterical stranger he had the misfortune of bumping into on the beach...

Waiting at the vets...


8 comments:

  1. Last time I took my dog to Ireland I didn't need a pet passport. I think it is only for travel to Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could also have just caught a ferry to Northern Ireland and driven south.....I don't think they check on the ferry or at customs.... https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k6104223-Pet_passport-Ireland.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vet checked the government website and he has to have a passport Des, more so for reentering the UK

      Delete
  3. Does he have to stay in the Beast whilst you travel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not allowed to wander the ship, some of them have pet areas or he will be in the Beast Steve

      Delete
  4. Does he have to stay in the Beast whilst you travel?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your another one of us who believes in white feathers and angel's Rx

    ReplyDelete