Monday 14 March 2016

Need to nail it...

Well I've handed in my two week notice at work and should be setting off to Ireland around the 10th April. Not sure if my employer was trying to punish me but I had to work a wedding fayre they were holding yesterday. Lots of lovely future brides wandering around choosing cakes, favours, photographers etc. I just skulked in the background serving drinks. Talking of serving drinks, I'm really probably the worst barmaid ever employed. I've lost count of how many drinks I've poured over customers. We have to carry a round tray to the customers table, usually with numerous glasses balanced on and with one hand flat under the tray. Yet again, yesterday, I felt the wobble, and as if in slow motion saw the pint of beer fly through the air. This time I managed to flick the glass toward me and consequently poured a whole pint of beer into my pinny pocket. Better than over the customer like last time. But my mobile phone sadly drowned in my pocket and now only seems to work if headphones are plugged in?!

Today I collected Milos passport. He is now safe to travel the world. There is a section to write about any notable or discernable characteristics, but there isn't enough space to write them all down! I put a cute photo of him in it though.

I've been trying to jig the van up a bit this week.  I've spent so long in it without it moving that there are too many items not 'nailed down'. I need to get back in the mode of driving off without all my worldly belongings flying around my head as I drive. So I treated myself to a new pack of blue tack today :)
Now to go book our ferry...




2 comments:

  1. Both Milo's photograph and yours are so lovely, both images could be coming straight out of a fairy tale.... :)

    I would be a MUCH worse (euphemism) barmaid than you (well I'm sure I would never be hired in the first place)
    you should just think of the eventual spilling as just a bonus 'adventure' for your customers
    ;)

    Happy Irish preparations!!!

    xx
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Mary, I feel better for hearing that :) xx

      Delete