Friday 25 March 2016

Ignorance was bliss...

Less than a year ago I sold everything I owned, left my home, job, friends and family, bought a motorhome and basically just drove off to Scotland with Milo. All my anticipations were unknown. I did not know what to expect. I had little fear or doubt as I did not know what lay ahead of me. Ignorance certainly is bliss. Now I am going to travel to Ireland and I am basically scared sh**less!
What if the ferry sinks, what if Milo gets lost, what if a wheel falls off the beast, what if I run out of money, what if nobody likes me? Everyday I wake up with another what if. I know I am being ridiculous, but the more I seem to prepare for the perfect adventure the more I seem to worry about it.
Anyway to make myself feel better I spent today washing the Beast and watching videos about Ireland. I've now written myself a list of some of the things I'd like to see and experience when I get there and that has made me feel more positive.

Also today Pip and I went to Asda. On returning to the car I saw the sign that said 'trolleys will automatically stop if taken beyond the red line'. Sometimes I don't quite believe what I read is true and I like to find out for myself. Well this time it was true. Haha! we had to then carry all our shopping bags to the car. Dear Asda, I apologise for the abandoned trolley...

See Milo chilling in conservatory...



Part of my to do list...

Pip testing the red line...


What happens if you cross the red line...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, when are you setting off to Ireland & have you started writing your book yet? wishing you all the best for both. Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat & Jake, the Beast is having a little tlc first and all being well we hope to head off on the 13th. My book seems to be ongoing! I dip in and out of it so it could end up being my memoirs haha. Hope you well xx

      Delete
  2. Looking rather dashing in your wellies Nicci. I notice however you have managed to get the park bench past the red line Rxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! Yes the bench was a bit harder than the trolley :)

      Delete
  3. Nikki, you are doing what everyone else would want to, really enjoy it. Ireland is a great place, I don't know if you will find love but I suspect you will fall in love with Ireland itself. Have a great trip. More pictures of the beast please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, I'm sure I will love Ireland, anything more will be a bonus :)
      I will hopefully have lots more photos of the Beast when on the road.

      Delete