Sunday 6 March 2016

Muddy Mother's Day...

Seems to me that Milo forgot it was Mother's Day this morning. No lie in, no breakfast in bed and not even any flowers. Just another day for him to drag me through the mud, and my word there is so much mud around at the moment. At the beginning of our walks Milo tends to tiptoe around the muddy puddles as if he's wearing high heeled, white stiletoes. Towards the end of our walks he behaves like some kind of happy hippo. I just sludge through in my wellies hoping not to do a Vicar of Dibley puddle plunge!

This morning, in the woods, I'm pleased to say I didn't approach the skinny man wearing the silly woolly hat. Enough said.

I put my favourite photo of me and my mum on Facebook this morning and am overwhelmed by the lovely comments we received. We do occasionally scrub up well!

Now I am finishing writing this after just having eaten a fabulous Chinese banquet with my mum, sister Pip and her boyfriend, my son and his girlfriend and Milo. All reminiscing about stories from our childhoods, love these kind of days...

Mud, mud and more mud...

Skinny man...

Me and my mum...

Yummy Chinese banquet...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, glad you enjoyed Mother Day, your mum looks lovely. I'm sure Milo knows he has a wonderful mum too. Love to all from Pat & Jake( my Jack Russell) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat and Jake, I'll be sure to tell my mum :) thank you xx

      Delete