Saturday 3 June 2017

The road to trepidation...

The day of departure. Rust2Rome http://www.rust2rome.com. Packed, prepared and ready to go. Well, packed a sort of capsule wardrobe into a tiny suitcase to last over two weeks in climates I'm unsure of. Prepared for the absolute Unknown. And ready for goodness knows what. But life's an adventure and opportunities present themselves in mysterious ways. A road trip without Milo is so alien to me, I am going to miss him like crazy. But I also know he will be spoilt rotten by my family whilst I'm away.

Having travelled solo for so long I must admit I'm feeling a slight amount of trepidation for this journey. Sharing a car with three boys I barely know will be different, though I'm sure we'll know each other inside out by the end of it! Plus there is near on one hundred people in over forty cars on the same journey so I'm sure we'll all make some great memories.

The charity https://mydonate.bt.com/events/rust2rome2/402411 for Team Rang Pig has so far exceeded its target, which is fabulous news. Maybe this will rub off on me and I will reach my target - Find Me a Husband...

The journey begins...


Not quite an all inclusive band...


My capsule wardrobe...


Going to miss my partner in crime... 

4 comments:

  1. Have a safe journey Nicci & lots of fun. Love from Pat & Jake.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! Will you be able to update us along the way or will we have to wait until the end of your road trip to hear all about this next great adventure in your wonderful, crazy life?! Go forth and ENJOY every minute x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. Updating as and when get wifi, you know how it is! X

      Delete