Friday 9 June 2017

French service stations...

I do declare this has been an 'unusual' road trip so far. My photos consist mainly of pictures of the car bonnet up, at the side of the road. We have had so many breakdowns I've lost count. We haven't seen the rust2rome team since we left Dover on Monday. They are living it up in the Swiss Alps no doubt taking pictures of amazing scenery.
My team have been pretty unlucky with their car, I feel so sorry for them. They've invested so much hard work into this trip it's quite disheartening for them. As for me I'm just along for the ride and only wish I knew how to replace an engine! I've certainly learnt a lot so far, thermostat replacement, head gasket faults, break failure, pump replacements, windscreen wiper refit etc etc. And I'm most impressed at the cleanliness of the hard shoulders in France compared to the Uk.

We eventually left Saint Quentin after two days of repairs and headed down the road. And we got about 50k overheated and then spent six hours in a service station. The next day we improved our distance to about 100k before the breaks failed. Miraculously we found a gentleman who happened to have a Range Rover part in his shed. After following him through the countryside (back the way we'd just driven) for about an hour we got the car fixed.
Today we are leaving Vesoul, France, and 'hopefully' going to reach Italy and meet up with the team. Where, fingers crossed, I will meet an Italian stallion (not wearing garage overalls!) and live happily ever after...

A very nice hard shoulder...


Home...



German army at service station...


Possible?...

No comments:

Post a Comment