Wednesday 7 June 2017

Should have travelled in the Beast...

We eventually left Dover on a very choppy crossing. I was fine with this as I found the vodka sampling bar upon boarding. Much appreciated after the torrential downpour whilst we all queued to board. I did ask if I may visit the captain onboard but apparently he was a bit busy keeping us afloat.

We eventually arrived in Calais but everyone's satnav was playing up and all cars were heading off in various directions. Lucky for us our copilot has much European driving experience and got us back on track for a destination near River Mosselle. All was going well until we stopped for a toilet break on the motorway. Yuk! A hole in the floor! Lucky for me I had a Shewee in my handbag which worked quite well thank you very much (no further explanation necessary). Although the automatic toilet flush caught me out unexpected.

Returning to the car I saw the dreaded sight of the bonnet up and the three boys standing scratching their heads. Sadly this has been our worst breakdown thus far. I'm easily confused when it comes to the mechanics of the car but words like 'head gasket' rang warning bells.
So our journey has stalled us in Saint Quentin where this morning I happened to spot a man in the hotel carpark wearing a BMW jacket. He is currently driving us to the local parts garage where hopefully we can purchase a new engine?!?
Fingers crossed our journey can continue and we can rejoin the rust2rome team...

My rather fetching raincoat...


A good spot onboard the ferry...


A familiar sight...


I can fix it...


Boarding the ferry... 

2 comments:

  1. Head gasket? That really is serious. Better make the most of your stay in St Quentin!...those French toilets are disgusting.

    ReplyDelete