Thursday 22 June 2017

Do I need a literary agent...

The Beast received some tlc from Wirral Small Cars today and is now the proud owner of another 12 months mot. Just driving the Beast down the road brought pangs of sadness, I miss travelling around in him. I miss feeling Milos head resting on my shoulder wondering where we are going next. I miss the sense of adventure as to what's round the next corner. I miss the feeling of carrying all that I own right there with me. I love that sense of freedom, abandonment and unexpected delights. Me thinks I need to plan another trip!

I feel a bit in limbo at the moment. I don't feel I quite belong anywhere. All my friends and family are merrily just getting on with their lives whilst I seem to be just lurking on the sidelines. It's all very well going off on adventures it's just annoying when real life creeps onboard. I'm quite adaptable when it comes to making do, I could actually qualify as a womble.  I only wish I could eat berries and fuel the Beast on fresh air!

I've spent today trying to motivate myself in my book writing. I have highs and lows on this subject. One moment I think 'wow how amazing does this read' followed by 'it's just not good enough'. I'm going to explore the idea of some professional help from the publishing world. Wish me luck...

I miss all of this...







2 comments:

  1. Oh I know just how you feel Nicci - feeling in limbo/no place to call home. I too love the freedom of the road, carrying all I own with me...but I try not to think about the day when reality has to kick in!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life on the open road, with your best friend, creating memories to treasure... Temporary bliss xx

      Delete