Sunday 28 May 2017

Released without charge...

I've had a week of birthday celebrations, mainly consisting of beverages. Pip and I found a local pub, the Shippons in Irby, that offer free Baileys with the purchase of coffee. This week alone we've visited it four times! And then on my birthday we sat in the garden all day drinking jugs of Pimms.
I've had a lovely birthday week with family and friends, quite different to last year. I was in Ireland, just Milo and me, in the Beast with lots of chocolate. None the less a good birthday.

I actually now feel like I've gone back in time because I'm trying out contact lenses. It's weird doing everyday activities without having to reach for my glasses, I love it. Just a pity they're so darn expensive. This morning, as a cost saving activity, I've made a big pan of soup. It's made from all the left over vegetable peelings I would normally have binned, but have been storing up in a freezer bag. To be honest it looks disgusting and stinks but I'm convincing myself it is going to be delicious.

Yesterday was interesting. I ended up in the back of a police car! I only stopped to say hello and the police officer decided, after listening to my tale of the past two years, that I was one crazy lady! I was released, pending further investigation, without charges...

Countdown for rust2rome trip is now days, not weeks. I'm swaying between excitement and fear. Excitement of travelling once again and fear of the Unknown. The team car 'Range Pig' now has stickers bearing my name on the door. Hopefully Interpol don't hold my details haha...

Arresting behaviour...






Stinky soup...


I'm a co pilot... 

2 comments:

  1. God that soup looks horrible.....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It did actually taste better than it looked :)

      Delete