Monday 22 May 2017

I need a dating handbook...


I really need to get a grip when it comes to men. I'm so long out of the game I need a handbook.
In the past two weeks I've attended two funerals, a wedding party and a rugby event. At the rugby event I was helping serve a hog roast. My job of the day entailed asking every customer 'would you like stuffing sir?' And I still didn't get a date! I think the only single man at the first funeral was the vicar and the second funeral, for some reason, had me pole dancing in the marque!  I was even less successful at the wedding party.
"Can I get you a drink?" He asked me
"Are you chatting me up?" I enquired
"No, I'm the barman..." He answered

I got to catch up with my bestie Sue in Scotland at the second funeral. Her dear Granny had passed away and the family gave her a lovely send off. My bestie Ali from Portugal flew over too, it was so nice to see all the family together, it's just a shame it's a funeral that brings us together.
I even got to visit Blair Atholl Palace, which I'd never visited before even though it was on my doorstep when I lived up there. Sadly there was no Prince Charming in the palace but the vodka made up for that.

I'm so excited that in less than two weeks I will be on my rust2rome adventure. Two weeks today I will be somewhere but I don't know where. I love that. The car 'team Range Pig' is all stickered up ready for the road and my Shewee sticker is sitting proud on the bonnet! Just hope I don't spot the man of my dreams whilst mid flow in a bush...

Pole dancing at a funeral...


No Prince Charming in the palace...


Team Range Pig... 

4 comments:

  1. you know where i am if you want a date . lol you are always wellcome hear .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the sound of your rust2rome adventure - you go girl! And keep writing :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ann I'm so excited! Am sure it will give me lots to write about... X

      Delete