Sunday 1 November 2015

A very lonely bride...

And there I was. Stood at the altar. Hair blowing in the gentle breeze. A bride waiting. And waiting. And waiting! No bloomin groom to be seen haha! Well at least I got to stand at an altar 'like' a bride.

In all my time here my neighbours have changed constantly. First there was a polite quiet American boy. Then a loud and fun American boy. Then a group of six very loud Mexican men. Now a young couple with a small baby. Who next I wonder? Maybe a tall dark handsome stranger...

The second batch of army boys arrived on Friday and happily there were some closer to my age bracket. Such is I took up their invitation to 'hit' the town last night. We walked the whole length of the town looking for a decent restaurant, and then walked the whole length of the town again back to the first one they had seen. It was like dress shopping with a girl! We then headed to some kind of beach night club where everyone was in Halloween fancy dress. Or maybe they weren't.

I met a man with a dog in his bag. I met two very muscular teenage mutant ninja turtles. And I watched a man on the dance floor dancing with a small baby (definitely a pulling tool, he had a crowd of girls around him cooing). I also impressed myself by matching the boys beer for beer, although I am suffering for it today. The army boys were really good fun and kept the banter going all night. And they made sure I got home safe and sound.

Off to the beach now, see if I can find me a groom...














4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time Nicci. If you remember, I made a comment about you having more balls than most guys, well Nicci your the one. You certainly have and I am sure there are so many women and men that you are an inspiration to.
    A gutsy woman who does something about what she wants. You dont spend time dwelling on things that may not have gone right or the way you wanted them to and although you are looking for love and affection (and who is not, if your dont already have it) you are prepared to go for it and enjoy yourself along the way.
    Im sure that eventually, Mr Right will be there waiting at the alter (And if he is I want an invite) However it must be better to be single and looking than to be in a relationship that you dont want to be in and cant wait to get out of, for what ever reason
    Keep up with the bloggs and FB pictures

    Richard xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you Richard, that was so nice to read x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe trip home NICOLA, that's us back in sunny Belize getting ready to head out to the jungle. The joys of this job!! Take Care mate and be happy.
    Regards from the Army lads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thanks boys! Thanks for the fun, and if all else fails put a dog in a handbag ;) x

    ReplyDelete