Wednesday 4 November 2015

Looking only ahead...

I left San Pedro 9am Monday and arrived at my mums 9pm Tuesday. It took four aeroplanes, four trains, one car and a golf buggy to get me there. It got to the point where I was confused as to why the train was taking so long to lift off the ground. My favourite airport was Atlanta, so clean and modern with every facility available.

On one flight with KLM, I was seated between two little old ladies, one rather hard of hearing Dutch  lady and one very chatty South African lady.  Quite difficult trying to sleep through that conversation being sat in the middle. The deaf lady also thought I was Dutch and spoke to me throughout the flight in Dutch, though it didn't matter much anyway as she couldn't hear anything I was saying!

Euston train station was rather interesting. I've never seen so many good looking men in suits in one place. Viewing heaven. Certainly passed away the time for me.

So now I'm at my mums house and back with my Milo :) He was pretty casual on my return, like I thought, probably thinking I'd just been to the shops. But it's so good to be back with my little partner in crime :)

So what's next? Still haven't got the answer to that one. Would love to find a quiet hideaway and just finish writing my book. But, as I haven't got a penny to my name at the moment I'll need to rethink that one. I have looked into doing house sitting around the UK, but unfortunately you don't get paid for doing it. Would absolutely love to travel around Italy in the Beast with Milo but would have to save up big time for that dream. So I'm still at the drawing board just now, weighing up my options and looking only ahead...







4 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, it's great to see you back with Milo, he's obviously none the wiser about the adventure you've just had all those miles away and is probably wondering when you're both setting off in the Beast again. I bet your mum and sister are pleased to see you safely home. Take care Nikki, i'm looking forward to your next road trip. Love from Pat & Jake the dog. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, it's just lovely being with Milo again, and of course my family! X

      Delete
  2. Welcome home, glad your back safe and sound . Now dont take of to Italy until we can go in convoy .I have nearly emptied the farm but will not put it on the market till next spring.All being well will be back in Uk in November have worked already lined up for winter and the car is road ready (good old dad) Hope your rested and Milo glad to see you and vise versa. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey good on you Maggie, hopefully catch up soon! X

      Delete