Tuesday 10 November 2015

Milo and Me hibernate...

I've been back in the UK for a week now and I definitely have the winter blues. I can't believe what a downer I'm on after the Best Summer of my life. The dreary weather and dark nights certainly don't help lift my mood. So I've decided that Milo and Me are going to hibernate for the winter!

I won't be writing my blog while in hibernation as realistically nothing will happen! Unless of course something incredibably exciting does occur, then I will scream it from the rooftops and post a blog update :)

I've looked into travelling over the winter, in the Beast, and besides the fact that I can't even afford a tank of petrol, it isn't really feasible either. So my plan is to try and find some work locally and save as much money as I can to restart my travels in the early Spring time. Hopefully I can find work that allows me time to also write my book. There are so many adventures I didn't manage to fit into my blog, I've had an amazing week looking over all the photos I've collected. It brought back so many memories both happy and sad. The hardest thing about writing my book (besides the grammar!) is the ending. I haven't got one yet...

Thank you so very much to everyone who has followed our adventure from Milo and Me...

11 comments:

  1. If you dont have an ending yet, it may be because there are more adventures ahead.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you soon find a job Nikki, i'll miss catching up with your blog but will look forward to hearing of your future adventures back on the road next Spring. Wishing you every success with your book. Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pat, roll on spring! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about the gloomy weather & dark nights - it's so depressing. I think you are right to use the winter to hunker down & save up for more travelling in the spring - especially in light of the weather forecasts for winter which sound horrendous and certainly not the time to be living in the Beast if they turn out to be true. I will certainly check in from time to time to follow any updates. All the best Nicci - keep warm. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Nicci- I am sorry I won't be able to look forward to your humorous updates. I have so enjoyed them. Thank you for sharing your journey-so far-with us and all the very best for the future. If you ever find yourself in the south west (near Glastonbury) - give me a shout! ; ) take care Chicky X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate, I've never been to Glastonbury so I might take you up on that! :) x

      Delete
  6. Have a good break Nicola and lots of luck for the future. Look forward to reading about more of your adventures next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi, hopefully lots more adventures to come :)

      Delete