Sunday 29 October 2017

Shit, it's a dead cat...

Hooray the clocks have gone back, I can see, the mornings are lighter. Couldn't come quick enough for Milo and me as I nearly made a big fool of myself yesterday morning. We were driving down the road towards the woods when I spotted a dead cat lying in the road. I slowed down ready to stop, pullover and knock on a few doors asking if anyone was missing a moggy? As I got closer I soon realised the dead cat was infact a pile of horse manure! Could have received some very funny looks trying to cradle that in my arms.

The woods are beautiful this time of year, all golden and warm colours yet cold and breathtaking. We love Autumn. I love watching the geese fly off to warmer climates and wish I was travelling with them on their adventure. I think it's time I planned another adventure for MiloandMe. I kind of like the idea of going back to the West Coast of Scotland but am not sure the Beast could stand the cold. Every few days his engine battery is flat and it's not even that cold yet. Not sure what that's all about.

Poor Milo is now hiding in the bedroom having heard a firework in the distance. So I've made him a little den to feel safe in and am playing him some soothing music in the background. It's like this every year but it still breaks my heart...

Autumn in the woods...


Migrating South...


Milo in his den... 

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - I've left a big old chunk of my heart on the west coast of Scotland. Didn't manage to brave that pass on the way to Applecross though - you're braver than I am! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just such stunning scenery Ann. tbh I wouldn't attempt the Beast up Applecross again! X

      Delete
  2. Hi well if you venture to the west coast let me know the quietest pretisest place as farm up for sale and am looking at properties on west coast but dont know enough about some areas I know from Perth to inverness and Grantown area and Nairn and Forres xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maggie am sure plenty of places you would love up there. Wish you could employ me as your property scout lol xx

      Delete