Wednesday 4 October 2017

Happy Birthday Milo...

It was Milo's 5th birthday on 3rd October.  And I forgot. I'm such a bad mum, I only realised when I got one of those facebook memories showing his first birthday. I'd been out most of the day shopping and getting my hair cut (of which my mum and sister said it doesn't look any shorter! see pic!). Anyway I made it up to him and took him off in the Beast for an adventure. Although I'm not so sure he enjoyed it. It's been so long since we slept in the van and he kept sitting by the door waiting to get out. We only went down the road so that's probably what confused him.

I chose a really quiet location, plied Milo with biscuits and a tin of sardines I'd brought back from France and snuggled down on the couch with him. Then the noise kicked in. Our peaceful location felt like being parked next to a motorway once the farmer started ploughing the field. This went on until about 1am. Somehow I managed to sleep through most of the night, only waking up once, as I'd chosen to sleep in my clothes under the duvet and 3 blankets my fleecy lined leggings had to be removed. But sleeping in the overhead cabin bunk it felt a bit like getting undressed inside a coffin. I could see Milo's bemused look in the moonlight watching this activity.

We woke up quite early as Milo had vomited up last nights snacks all over the carpet. We then headed down to the beach and our favourite cafe the White Owl. Then we packed up the Beast and went back to Pips. It was only a short trip in the Beast but it made me realise how much I miss him. If I could afford to I'd drive round in the Beast forever...

It is shorter...


Waking up the Beast...


Zoom in to see Milo...


Our favourite cafe... 

3 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCXIINm33iVtt1YlAXu_how

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated 5th birthday greetings for Milo, i'm sure he had a lovely time out with his mum in the Beast again. Will you both be going on another adventure next Spring? Love from Pat & Jake.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat & Jake, Milo says thank you! Hopefully we'll get another adventure soon xx

      Delete