Friday 13 October 2017

London girl...

Today is my sons 30th birthday and he is in Rome with his girlfriend. I bought him a suitcase. I would have preferred to buy a ticket and fly out to surprise him but I don't think he would have been too impressed with that! I can't believe he's thirty already, he's my pride and joy, my biggest achievement. It only feels like yesterday that I was in hospital in London, during the Big Storm, staring at this funny little fella in a plastic box next to my bed. I did wonder if I'd be a good enough mum and if he'd turn out alright. I think we've both surpassed my expectations. Even if he does think I'm a nutty mum :)

I went to London this week on a little day trip. There was a reason for my journey but it's top secret and if I tell you I have to shoot you. And I don't have a gun. I travelled down on a Virgin train and rather enjoyed overhearing the various conversations of the other travellers. Other people's lives are so interesting. I did a bit of sight seeing round the Marylbone area and visited a famous bookshop called The Daunt. I was a little bit naughty and placed a picture of MiloandMe over a book cover in the travel section. Just to see what it looked like. A girl can dream. Hopefully my dream will come true one day. I paid £3.30 for a small latte, wandered through Regents Park, tried to enter what I thought was a popular looking bar full of men which on closer inspection turned out to be student facilities and then walked to Euston station where I ate in a little back street Italian restaurant. I love London. I could be a London girl.

I am now back on the Wirral, Milo ate one of my slippers, the Beast has a flat battery and I have blisters on my feet...

Thirty years ago...


London girl...


The Daunt bookshop...


My ambition,  second shelf... 

No comments:

Post a Comment