Thursday 21 July 2016

Left on the shelf with a wooden penis...

Can't believe I've been here in Portugal for over a month now. Sometimes it feels like a week other times like years. The big beach house is to welcome PG's on Saturday (paying guests). So this week has been a blur of final preparations upstairs for them. I've felt a bit useless all week as Ali seems to thrive in the organised chaos of the big beach house, I seem to be dumbstruck by it all and never quite know where to begin. The PG's  are apparently a large family of about ten and have rented all of upstairs for a week. The difficult bit will be informing Milo and Max they are neither the enemy nor new best friends. It may be a bit like that tv show 'upstairs downstairs' with me and Ali hiding in hallways and having sneaky dips in the pool when they go out. Anyway fingers crossed it all goes well, though I have a feeling they may be a tad demanding.

Through clearing all the clutter I have been presented with two items of interest. One a sex manual and the other a wooden penis shaped bottle opener. Apparently Caldas da Rainha has been making penis shaped items for over 150 years and is very famous for it. So I cracked open a bottle of beer and sat down to read the book. Unfortunately the book was for couples only so I've left it on the shelf, which is exactly how I'm feeling...

No descriptions needed...



8 comments:

  1. Not passed your sell by date though.
    As for a tradition of penis shaped items, unbelievable. You and Milo have travelled to the strangest of places :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What more can a girl want, a prick with a bottle opener ������

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey, I nearly choked on my cornflakes.

    ReplyDelete