Thursday 7 July 2016

Football, Murderers and Burglars...

So I've been back to the beach in search of my sexy fisherman but alas he is not to be found. I did find a rather strange black rubbery sort of creature on the shore where I last saw him which reminded me of a fable I read about the Selkie folk. Selkies were part seal part human!

I'm feeling a tad redundant of late. A feeling of lost identity. I'm a mum, a sister, and a daughter and yet feel I'm not fulfilling those relationships. Probably to do with the distance between us and having limited contact. I kind of feel a little lost as to my direction. I think, in life we carve ourselves a spot, be it parent, partner or maybe career. I just seem to be a bit of a misfit! I think this is the reason I'm reluctant to sell the Beast. I got it all tidied up with a 12 month mot and advertised it, but I can't bring myself to let go. It's my home, my safe place and basically all I possess. So I'm holding onto it for a little longer.

Last night was interesting. I got myself all ready to watch Portugal play Wales, obviously supporting my 'home' team. Gran was in bed asleep and I was alone with the 'boys' (Milo and Max). All was good, I had beer chocolate and crisps. Then suddenly I heard an almighty crash bang and the sound of broken glass. It seemed to come from the middle floor as I was in the basement. What freaked me more was that both dogs seemed to move closer to me and looked scared. I didn't have the nerve to find out what it was and just sat there wondering how many murderers/burglars there were and hoping they would just leave before discovering me and Gran in the basement.
My murderer/burglar turned out to be a light fitting which had fallen from the ceiling right above my bed. Still spooky though...

My sexy fisherman/Selkie...


A sad poem I found...


Ready for football/murderers/burglars...

6 comments:

  1. sounding a wee bit homesick to me .Hope your ok. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm fine Maggie, just a down moment xx

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. It sounds like it was a bit too good to be true. Looks a lovely place but often more like a holiday than a home. You know that feeling you get after 2 weeks in Spain, where you look forward to going home. Well you did the right thing not selling the beast. Take your time deciding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't sell your van. Loads more adventures in that yet. Come down the west country! Portugal is ok for a holiday but outside of Lisbon there is not much there except small towns and villages. Nice beaches but not much else.Lovely people but the language is hard and without it you will always be an outsider. I spent three months there last year. Stay a few more weeks, come back to the van. Go west......an alternative would be to drive around the French, Swiss, Austrian and Italian Alps and then down into Italy. More fun there. The mountains are incredible. Stunning. I'll put you in touch with an Irishwoman near a huge lake in Italy. She will make you welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Des I'm fine, missing the Beast! :)

      Delete