Sunday 10 July 2016

From Beast to Mouse...

Yeay Milo and Me have got ourselves a set of wheels. We've gone from the Beast to the Mouse. I am now driving a Smart car! Ali's rather hunky friend happened to have a spare car he wasn't using and said I can drive it for the foreseeable future. It is so cute and as soon as I started the engine Milo jumped on the back shelf like he was in the Beast. Although we only drove to the bottom of the drive and back. And even that took all morning as for some reason we couldn't release the handbrake. Ali and I tried everything even googling for answers. Eventually somehow Ali managed to release it. So hopefully Milo and Me can go off exploring this beautiful area in the 'Mouse'.  Luckily I packed my satnav.

I'm having problems with flip flops. The old pair I brought with me were quickly wearing out what with walking on the beach every day. So I bought myself a pretty little new pair at the market. Not sure I got the right size as on numerous occasions I've tripped on my 'flip'. Also Milo walks so closely behind me he constantly stands on my 'flop'. Then to top it all I woke up this morning to find Max had eaten my 'flop' on one flip flop! First shopping trip in the Mouse is to buy new flip flops.

Ali took me to a local restaurant the other night and got me rather tipsy on Caipirosca cocktails. They are a delicious mix of vodka and limes and brown sugar, I think. Anyway I slept well that night.
I think my last blog entry made some people think I'm not happy. Just to set the record straight I'm tickityboo! Even though I'm living what I consider a wonderful life I still have down days. I'm beginning to realise I am and always will be a bit of a misfit in this world (as opposed to that other world?!...)

The Mouse...


The flip flops...


Getting tipsy...

5 comments:

  1. the world needs misfits! Stay cool. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about sometimes feeling like a misfit, I do too. However, I suspect a lot of people do, but we just don't admit it to others. I suspect you have lived a much more interesting life that a lot of us. Here's to those of us who feel we move to the beat of a different drum (love Linda Rondstat's version of that song). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that, from one honest misfit to another :) xx

      Delete