Tuesday 7 February 2017

One night of passion...

Le Garçon phoned me from the bus stop asking if I could drive to collect him. Not a problem I say, I'm on my way. That is until I found myself sinking deeper and deeper into the mud. I'm in the lovely Mercedes van, which is apparently rear wheel drive, and I'm getting nowhere fast, except lower. I must add I'm not totally stupid, well not usually, and I did try my best. Low revs, reverse and forward, slight rocking, carpet under the rear wheel but all to no avail. I tried for that long Le Garçon eventually walked home and found me caked in mud and looking rather deflated. We abandoned the vehicle until help arrived. And help certainly did. In the form of two local farmers, two tractors, one digger, some passing road worker men and Le Garçons father. Between us all we eventually got the vehicle out the mud and onto solid ground, I say between us all, I kind of just stood there apologising.

This information is probably not going to put me in good stead for my Rust2Rome road trip. My team 'Range Pig' are possibly wondering why on earth they have me on the team. Good news is the Range Rover is a four wheel drive, or does that mean all four wheels will get stuck in the mud?! Oh well if nothing else I'm good for standing on the edge of the road requesting assistance.

I'm so excited about the Rust2Rome trip in June. I've been reading all the comments on the facebook group and there seems to be a fun bunch of people participating. Apparently on previous trips people have made life long friendships. I'd settle for one night of passion with a hot Italian man...

Stuck in the mud...




So excited...

No comments:

Post a Comment