Sunday 12 February 2017

Its a dogs life...

Milo and me went off exploring for a few days in the Beast. We found ourselves a lovely little spot beside a lake in La Ferte Mace. I originally tried to park up in the carpark but it had those dreaded overhead barriers blocking our entry. So I drove on a bit turning down a little country lane and found us a little oasis all to ourselves. We spent the next couple of nights in peace and tranquility :) Although at one point, later in the evening,  a few cars parked behind us and a bunch of young boys were hanging around. It's funny but because they were speaking French I decided it sounded lovely and imagined they were discussing which library books they had each chosen. Not for one minute thinking it was some kind of illicit drug deal occurring at my back door! Ignorance is bliss.

Milo loved chilling by the lake and obviously plunged in on more than one occasion. Not ideal having a wet dog in the Motorhome but it's his adventure too. There was even sand around part of the lake so we pretended we were on the beach, alas no bikinis only thermals and wellies. I got to finish reading my book, cooked our favourite tea, mince and mash, and watched some lovely sunsets. Then we threw on our glad rags, knocked back some cheap plonk and hit some clubs in town.... Kidding! I do enjoy being on my own, always have, it's only recently that I've realised its ok to admit that. Although I do wonder if that is probably my downfall and the reason I'm still, and more than likely to be, always single...

Dog tired...


On our little beach...


Parked up safe...

Strike a pose...  

2 comments:

  1. You write well with a great sense of humour. Getting better too, I notice. More please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Des, so good to hear that :)

      Delete