Tuesday 14 February 2017

Last Valentine's Day alone...

Happy Valentine's Day to me! How sad that I can't remember the last time I celebrated this day. It's been far too long and therefore I must make a huge effort, to make this, my last one alone.
I do remember one, many moons ago, that ended quite badly. I was all dressed up to the nines, LBD, stockings, high heels and my hair all done up. Unfortunately ten minutes before we headed to our restaurant we had a pretty horrendous row. I think it was something to do with my son playing his music too loud, pretty lame on reflection. Anyway one thing led to another and the restaurant was cancelled and the evening was ended before it began. So feeling very sorry for myself I jumped in my car and headed to my nearest McDonald's and treated myself to a 'happy meal'. I reckon I was the best dressed customer in there that night.

I've just been into the town, Mortagne au Perche, for a bit of tlc shopping, chocolate/coffee/wine. Then I treated myself to a coffee in a little Blues Bar in the centre. The owner, Climon, was ever so helpful trying to get me on his free wifi but to no avail. Anyway we got chatting and he informs me they have Jazz and Blues music most weekends and that I should come along. Well I may well do that this weekend, put a bit of slap on and go tap my feet. Climon speaks excellent English so if nothing else a bit of conversation will be nice. And on a positive note, on my way home today I got lost and ended up finding myself the local McDonald's...

Happy Valentines Day...




My Milo always got my back...

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the blues bar. There you will meet the interesting characters in the area. Try to speak French to them. They love it if you make the effort......

    ReplyDelete