Thursday 29 March 2018

Here comes the bride...

I feel I've accomplished so much this last week or so. My book, oh let me say that again... My book, is just about to hit the world. I'm so proud of myself for that, even if no-one ever reads it, I did it! Also this week my Beast had a heart transplant. A new engine battery actually, but it felt like a heart transplant to me. He was very brave and is now performing better than ever. Milo and me are hoping to take him off exploring very soon. But the best bit this week, for me, was I got to be a bride! Yes a bride! OK I didn't have a groom but I don't care, I got to wear a wedding dress. Three wedding dresses to be precise.

I was asked to participate in a bridal fayre at Northop Hall and I jumped at the chance. I've never worn a wedding dress before and I didn't want to take it off, they had to pin me down, kicking and screaming, and peel it off me. I also got my hair and make-up done and pranced up and down that catwalk like a true prima donna. It was such a wonderful day for me and all videoed by Pip.



I did sneak off at one point, wearing the wedding dress, hunting for an eligible bachelor. I could only find a rather handsome, but rather young, barman named Guy. I asked him, ever so nicely, if he'd look into my eyes, adoringly, without seeing me as his mother, and pose for a photo. He duly obliged. So, I might never get married but at least I've got a photo for the family album of me in a wedding dress beside an extremely handsome man, who looks like my son. Oh happy days...


No I don't look like your mother, but yes I will autograph that book for you...




All kindly photo-shopped by Pip :)

Milo, Me and The Beast (and Milo loves it!)
amazon.com/author/niccitaylor

2 comments:

  1. Paulene Brooks4 April 2018 at 16:55

    Well done on the book. Loved the video of the "wedding", I half expected you to dance or slide your way down the aisle. I have enjoyed reading your blog, will there be anymore?
    Regards
    Paulene x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Paulene. To be honest I did do a little dance at one point but the camera had stopped rolling! And yes there will always be more blog, there's always something to write about in my crazy life... X

      Delete