Sunday 11 March 2018

I've heard of you, said J K Rowling...

I've actually gone and done it! I've written a book. OK, I haven't physically pressed the 'publish button' yet. I'm too scared. I just keep hovering my finger over it, like it's the nuclear button. What if nobody reads it? Or worse, what if people read it and don't like it? Maybe I've just been kidding myself that me, Nicci Taylor, can really write a book. I was led to believe, at school, that I'd never really amount to much, so what makes me think I can be an author? Isn't that what clever, accomplished people become?

Well, I need to just pull myself together and publish. I need to dig deep and find that self belief. A few years ago I would never have believed my life could have changed so much from one tiny idea, but it did. And I think it's worth telling that story: 'Milo, Me and The Beast' by Nicci Taylor. I have to admit I've never read a Harry Potter book but I'm well aware of who J K Rowling is. Maybe she will say the same of me one day? Hmmm...

So, hopefully, the next time I write my blog I will be an 'accomplished author' (maybe minus the clever!). My dear friend Jefferson Merrick is editing the final tweaks and it will hopefully be available on Amazon early April. Even if only one person buys it I will be able to say "Me? Oh, I'm an author."...

My book cover, designed by Pip...

2 comments:

  1. Well done Nicci, i'm sure your book will sell far more copies than you think then you can reap the rewards of your adventures & the work you've put into your writing. Congratulations. Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Pat & Jake X I will be over the moon if that happens :)

      Delete