Saturday 24 March 2018

How to publish a book in five minutes, Hahaha...

I've never eaten a big mac or a subway. I've never played on a play station or x-box. I've never watched Game of Thrones. Just a few things I've never done. But, I've published a Book! An actual book. Me an Author. And boy what a journey that's been. To be honest writing the book was the easy bit, publishing it has been a nightmare. 'Self publish on Amazon KDP, its fast and easy' they said. 'It takes five minutes' they said. After about five days, rather than five minutes, and many tears, tantrums and headbutts on my screen I finally hit the publish button. Erring on the side of caution, I chose a release date of 6th April. This year!

So I'm sitting here, surrounded by an abundance of post-it-notes, still completely baffled by the whole process. The e-book is sorted, now onto the print version. Arghh! Front covers, back covers, bleed or no bleed, size, format, html, pdf, text wrapping breaks, etc. What is this language they speak? I want the idiot guide. But I will figure it out, although certainly not in five minutes.

Even though this whole process has aged me by about 20 years I'm still feeling chuffed. I've loved writing my blog and I've loved writing my book even more. I may be ignorant to the whole process of self publishing but at least I can say I did it...

Book one; Milo, Me and The Beast ~ The Beginning... 
available for pre-order now :))))))

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07C8L3X4D

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C8L3X4D

To be followed by #2 The Middle... and #3 The End?...







5 comments:

  1. Well done Nicci. Will your book be available in hardback or paperback as i don't use a kindle? if so will they also be out on the 6th April? Love from Pat & Jake. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat & Jake, yes I will hopefully have the paperback available for the 6th April. I am so excited, long time coming but been worth it. Pictures in it too :) Hope you are both well xx

      Delete
  2. Well done, worth all the fun long miles and a book in the end.
    But have you found love yet?? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Lorraine X Love? You'll have to read the book...! ;)

      Delete
  3. Well that’s a good way to sell it, don’t give anything away xx

    ReplyDelete