Tuesday 28 November 2017

I miss my sexy knickers...

I am middle aged. I discovered this fact this morning when reading an article about a 'middle aged woman' who is 51. How did this happen without me noticing? I don't want to be 'that woman' I want to remain 'that girl'. I guess now I come to think about it I am slowly becoming older not younger which is how I tend to normally behave.  For one my knickers have got bigger, I remember the day when my knickers were so skimpy I could use them to tie my hair up for a spontaneous act of passion! The only groans I hear from my mouth now are when I have to bend down to put my socks on. Bedtime excitement for me is removing my makeup and putting my jammies on at 7pm.

Online dating is not making me feel any younger, in fact quite the opposite. Most of my messages are from men nearer to my mums age than mine. Talking of my mum she sent me a message the other day quite excited that Paul Hollywood is now single! She thinks I could court his affections by baking him a cake. I told her he was quite out of my league and she then informed me he has brothers I could try. I'm sure she has my best interests at heart, or she's desperate for me to get hitched.

Maybe not as desperate as me though. Last week I went to the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool on a man hunt. Thinking I might come across a tall dark handsome stranger whilst perusing paintings. Unfortunately all I  came across were large groups of small children on school trips. So I took myself up Bold Street and sat with a coffee to do some people watching. And there he was. My handsome stranger, walking towards me. He was rather breathtaking and we engaged in eye contact, the sort where neither of you let go. He gave me a knowing smile as he walked on by, out of my life. Ha! I don't give up that easy. I grabbed my handbag and started following him through the city. He weaved in and out the crowds of shoppers whilst I followed in hot pursuit, feeling like a mixture of a detective come stalker. Sadly I was wearing six inch heels, couldn't keep up and lost him after about five minutes, which probably was the best outcome as I have no idea what I would have said had I caught up with him... "Wanna see my big knickers?..."

The girl that was verses the woman I am...


My mothers high expectations...


The Walker Art Gallery, empty of men...






2 comments: