Sunday 10 December 2017

I can't even pull a carrot...

This dating malarkey is somewhat confusing. I had a date last week through the tinder app and I thought it went quite well. He was a somewhat unusual character but unusual is the type I'm generally drawn to! Anyway he took a whole week to get back in touch so I can only assume he's not really that interested in me. Another gentleman on the other hand is more than enthusiastic in his messages and was sending about ten a day, with little input from me. At one point he even messaged that he was off shopping and did I need anything?. We've never met. I could see from his profile that he lives extremely close to me so I decided it would be a good idea to meet up, just in case I'm (without knowing) walking past him every day. Anyway since I suggested this I've never heard from him again. I swear even Carrots have a more successful love life than me!

None of this is helped by the fact that I have a really scabby face just now. I have what are known as precancerous cells on my face and am having to treat them with a chemotherapy cream for eight weeks. This is the second time I have had to go through this process.  I am now at the stage where they are really painful, quite unsightly and difficult to disguise with makeup. Not a good look if one is trying to impress upon a gentleman, or even a carrot for that matter. Word to the wise take care of your young self, NEVER use sun beds and always use sunscreen. Or, like me, you will struggle to even pull a carrot.

Although, I was slightly uplifted whilst wandering through Liverpool One as I was plucked from the crowd to partake in a football competition. I guess I didn't look too repulsive that day. JD sports had on offer a £50 voucher for the most headers scored. I was dressed in my full length fur coat, six inch heels and teamed up with a lovely young, professional header, man. The other 'girl' was about 18 and wearing a tracksuit and trainers. She scored five. I scored one and even that shot into the crowd and hit an innocent bystander. No prizes for me they said but it's the taking part that counts. Therefore I will continue with this dating malarkey...

Lucky in love carrots...


My stalker...


Another of my balls-ups...


Must keep trying...

3 comments:

  1. So love your blog Nicklaus...hope your health problem gets better..maybe come back to Ireland??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So love your blog Nicklaus...hope your health problem gets better..maybe come back to Ireland??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann hopefully one day I will return to Ireland, such fond memories... X

      Delete