Wednesday 27 December 2017

Duck it's a pineapple...

I've had a lovely Christmas and can't believe it's over for another year. I got new wellies, Joules no less, new pyjamas and an electric toothbrush. I got cash from Pip which unfortunately I lost amongst the piles of wrapping paper and so spent most of Boxing Day rooting through the bins, thankfully I found it. Christmas morning we piled into the Beast and headed to my mums for dinner. I managed to take a bend far too sharply and my mums present shot off the bench and smashed onto the floor. It was a China duck and rattled when she unwrapped it. She said it's the thought that counts and placed it in the bath.

Christmas dinner was delicious, all cooked by mum. And our after dinner party game was pass the parcel wearing oven gloves. Mixed with alcohol it was all rather raucous. Milo spent most of the day eating wrapping paper and also managed to sneak a whole bowl of cheese Pringles. My mum only has one spare bedroom and my son and his girlfriend managed to bag that early on. So me Pip and her partner slept in my van on the drive. I'd bought them a pineapple plant for Christmas as it apparently stops snoring. I seriously felt like hitting them both over the head with it at about 4am!

Tinder has once again let me down and didn't provide a Christmas boyfriend. For a few days I was chatting with a gentleman quite well, who wanted to meet up, but then he just disappeared. But I met an old friend today for coffee and he has just met someone online and says he is really happy. So I won't give up yet. On a plus, my face is healing so maybe next time I'm in the woods I'll pick a huge bush of mistletoe in preparation for New Year...

Heading off for Christmas...


The next morning...


The snoring stopper pineapple plant... 


My new Joules wellies... 


MiloandMe ❤️... 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicci & Milo, good to hear you both had a lovely Christmas. Milo looks so cute in his festive hat. Like your posh wellies Nicci. Have a wonderful New Years Eve, you might even get to kiss your Prince Charming. Love from Pat & Jack Russell Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat & Jake
      Hope you had a lovely Christmas too. A kiss with Prince Charming would be wonderful! Hope you have a lovely New Year, all the best from Milo and me xx

      Delete