Monday 3 April 2017

Au revoir France...

Today Milo and me leave France and return to the UK. France was not a mistake but it wasn't for us. I seem to have settled in an extremely rural location, which whilst beautiful, I was feeling very lonely and down. I was staying with a lovely family but seemed to be in a household full of boys, including the dogs. I got to explore lots of local places in the Beast but unfortunately all were very quiet. I don't think I've gone quite so long without girly conversation. On a plus I have managed to do tons of writing for my book, I just hope my family are ready for tons of free editing.

So it's back into the arms of my loving family. No doubt they're exasperated with me by now and my constant returns. I can hear them thinking 'what the heck is she going to do next'.

My beginning plan is to breath out for a moment. Stop clenching my teeth. And relax.  Other than my rust2rome road trip in June, with three men I've yet to meet, I'm not setting anything in stone.

I gave up my life, as I knew it, nearly two years ago. Now I want to figure out who this Nicci Taylor really is and what she really wants. Or needs.

I'm looking forward to my next chapter and will no doubt blog it, even if it isn't what I thought...

I will miss this every morning...


I will miss my neighbours...


I reckon Bear doesn't want Milo to leave...


Milo waiting for  his vet check...

12 comments:

  1. hi nicci cann't wait for your book ... xxxx hope all go's well on trip back home ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rural France can be very dull. So many small towns and villages with nothing happening except maybe one cafe/bar that usually closes at 9pm. It's a huge country though and very rugged in parts. Try Germany next time, Italy or Holland. The Italians are more fun and enjoy a great night life......Bavaria is stunning and so is Austria around Innesbruck. They like to drink lots of beer and are more interesting than the French plus they all speak English which does make a huge difference......your trip to Rome is yet another big adventure. Looking forward to reading about that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh there's a whole big world out there, so many adventures to be had Des! :)

      Delete
  3. France's loss, the UK's gain.
    Im not sure it matters where you go, its all about how you feel yourself. How goes the book and is it really two years since you set off. It must be over two years where you went on the radio for the first time ??
    R xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two years have gone so quickly looking back! And yes it's not where you are its your perception of it :)

      Delete
  4. Wishing you all the very best in the next chapter of your adventure - whatever that holds. I do so understand how you feel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Ann, always another chapter! :)

      Delete
  5. Will you still be writing your blog Nicci. i hope so because i'd miss reading it & seeing what Milo has been up to in the photos. Love from Pat & Jake.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Pat, there's always something to write about I'm sure! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Nicola, I have really enjoyed reading your blog over the last couple of years, hope you keep us up to date about your Rome trip. Enjoy your rest and re-charge your batteries. Best wishes from Polly. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Polly that's so nice to hear :) and I'm sure there will be lots to write about on my rust2rome trip X

      Delete