Tuesday 11 April 2017

Happy and content, for now...

Our journey from France to the UK was problem free. Milo wasn't too happy on the ferry and I wasn't allowed to sit in the Beast with him so he was pretty happy to see me when we docked in Newhaven. It was dark and late when we got off the ferry and I couldn't see anywhere decent to stop so I just kept driving. On occasion on the wrong side of the road! The roads were so quiet I ended up doing most of my journey home. We arrived back at my hometown around 7am so I took Milo straight to his favourite woods at Royden Park. He was so happy and no doubt confused. He has been in his element this week with all his favourite people and favourite walks. I'm just happy to be having conversations in my native tongue.

I'm enjoying wandering round supermarkets recognising what is on the shelves. I'm loving sitting in cafes with Pip watching the world go by. And I'm appreciating my family for putting up with my regular "when I was in Fraaance...."

I'm still unsure what to do next, other than try find some kind of paid employment. But I'm feeling quite content at the moment and want to relish this feeling.
I got to meet two of the gentlemen who I'm travelling with on my Rust2Rome road trip adventure and they are just lovely. Certainly not the murdering type so that's a bonus! They threw a Grand National themed party to raise funds for the charity we are representing on our road trip 'Northern Lights Children's Charity'
https://mydonate.bt.com/events/rust2rome2/402411#.WOGf4DZO1mI.facebook
And I got to see the car we are travelling in, it's  certainly in better shape than the Beast.
So I've now got about seven weeks to prepare for, probably, my craziest adventure to date...

Waiting for the ferry...


Milo happy in the woods...




The next adventure... 

No comments:

Post a Comment