Sunday 11 December 2016

MiloandMe off to France...

And for our next adventure...drum roll...France! MiloandMe have been offered the opportunity to live in northern France. We are driving over in the Beast in January and will be located in a rural area surrounded by countryside. I must say I am looking forward to seeing my family and friends, enjoying Christmas and going to live in France but I am mostly looking forward to getting back in the Beast. I've missed my Motorhome so much and I think that's down to it being all that I have left. I'm so glad I didn't sell it, I reckon it's going to give me a big hug feeling when we are reunited!

I still have to pinch myself when I reflect on what's happened to me in less than two years. I never could have imagined all these adventures could happen to an old girl like me! I feel like I've lived my life back to front. It's normally young adults who go off travelling, taking up casual work and living for the moment. Hitting fifty has been life changing for me. I've been extremely fortunate I know, and yet I also know I can credit myself for making it happen. There have been so many days when I think 'what the heck am I doing?' (most days tbf!) and then I tell myself this ain't a dress rehearsal, go with the flow whilst you can.

So off I go, again! Portugal has been amazing, I've felt like part of the family at the big beach house and will miss everyone dearly. But now it's time to concentrate on my writing and get that book out of me! And who knows...meet my French Prince Charming...

BTW... http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/interview-with-ardal-ohanlon
MiloandMe appearing in episode 1 Wednesday 14th December at 9pm More 4, when I met Willie the matchmaker in Ireland. I can't watch it in Portugal, fingers crossed I don't look like a complete idiot!

Going to miss this beach...

Think Milo will miss it more...


Going to miss these wee faces...

Can't wait for this...

2 comments:

  1. Well thats good news but you havent said how France comes into the picture. What are you going to be doing in France.How did that come about.Enjoy Christmas in Uk and the best of Luck for2017.Have a great Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I placed an ad on gumtree! Will fill in the blanks along the way. Hope you have a lovely Christmas Maggie xx

      Delete