Thursday 22 December 2016

MiloandMe on UK soil...

Gosh I can't believe my adventure in Portugal has come to an end. The last six months have gone by so quickly and yet I feel like I've been here forever. I've been made to feel so welcome and have made some lifelong friends. Ali is the craziest lady I've ever met but I wouldn't have her any other way.  Gran has had to put up with all my moans and groans and is also holding some of my deepest secrets. Max, I'm sure, will miss Milo even though he behaved like a boring big brother. Ali's children are a credit to her and have made me feel like part of the family. And then there's the beach... MiloandMe have been so fortunate that, on a daily basis, we were able to walk along the lagoon toward the Atlantic Ocean here in Foz do Arelho.

Hmm, the above passage was written yesterday and my intention was to post it on my last night in Portugal. Unfortunately Ali and Mr Hunky decided to celebrate my leaving with copious amounts of alcohol and my day ended with my head in a bucket and Mr Hunky not quite holding my hair back. So I awoke at 4am this morning with a banging head and a smell of vomit in my hair. I frantically finished my packing and headed to the airport with Ali. The whole process of getting both Milo and me checked in and boarded was stress hell. But I'm happy to say we both arrived safe and well in the UK. My son picked us up at the airport and I must say he gets more and more handsome with age. As Ali would say 'my creation' lol. So now I've just had a lovely family meal, a big bubbly bath and am curled up on the couch in my pj's. Milo has passed out on the floor by my bed, no doubt wondering what on earth will happen next...




No comments:

Post a Comment