Saturday 31 December 2016

Goodbye 2016...

2016 has been good to MiloandMe. In the beginning I was working as a waitress (in a cocktail bar ~*~ haha) on the Wirral and living in the Beast in mums back garden. Then we headed off to Ireland in the Beast on a fantastic adventure. We met some wonderful people and stayed in some stunning locations. Everyone was so friendly and kind to us, we were truly blessed. Picking up hitchhikers, responding to social media messages and just engaging in conversation with random strangers opens up a whole new world if you let it. Obviously common sense and gut instinct play a part. And having Milo bark like a fog horn keeps me safe. Sadly Ireland ended all too soon but was quickly followed by the opportunity to travel to Portugal. The journey there and back was a bit stressful for both Milo and me, but we had the best time there. We quite possibly lived in the most beautiful part of Portugal, Foz do Arelho, and became part of the most loving family. And now here we are back at mums on the Wirral about to enter 2017 and embark on our next adventure. Heading to France in the Beast for pastures new.

My regrets for 2016 :

I didn't take my Motorhome with me to Portugal. Missed that Beast so much.
I didn't kiss anyone. Mr Hunky giving me the kiss of life when I passed out drunk doesn't count.
Losing my UK IP address, so I never got to see our TV appearances.
Not doing more writing, lost my mojo for a bit.
Spending my 50th birthday alone, note to self big celebration for 60th!
Running a pretty rubbish budget, far too skint now.
Not getting married. Compensated by attending the best ever wedding in Portugal.

Goals for 2017 :

Embrace the Beast
Kiss a lot!
Get tech savvy
Write, write and write some more
Party like its 1999
Win the lottery
Get married...

Thank you to everyone who reads my blog, thank you for all the wonderful messages and words of support. Thank you for being my 'invisible friends'. MiloandMe wish each and everyone of you a Happy New Year...

An early photo from 2016...


A favourite photo from Ireland...


A favourite photo from Portugal... 


My last photo of 2016. If you want to get a head get a hat... 

12 comments:

  1. Loved this! Happy New Year to you! Hope it treats you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Krista, happy new year to you :)

      Delete
  2. A very happy 2017 to yourself and Milo

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the Best of everything you'd wish yourself for 2017 .Next adventure around the corner xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie. Hope your 2017 is happy and healthy xx

      Delete
  4. Yes....you need to write more. Check out my latest profile pic on Facebook and see what you have been missing!!!!
    Looking forward to your DAILY accounts of life in France. I have a girlfriend of 20 years who lives in Brittany who would love to have you you stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Des, your last friend in Dingle was lovely to me and milo :)

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year Nicci to you, Milo & your family, hope you manage to attain your 2017 goals. Love from Pat & dog Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Pat & Jake hope you have a good one xx

      Delete
  6. Happy New Yesr to you and Milo
    Ann and Tara

    ReplyDelete